Tumbling Lassie events for 2019 are as follows:
The biggest anti-trafficking and anti-modern slavery fundraising event in Scotland:
Saturday 5th October 2019 - the fourth Tumbling Lassie Ball, at The Stables, Prestonfield House, Edinburgh
- black tie charity ball sponsored by the Faculty of Advocates, featuring
reception (with Prestonfield's specially-designed "1687" cocktail); 3-course dinner with wine; dancing and entertainment
Time: 6.30pm for 7pm until 1am
Ticket price: £90 a ticket
1) To pay by credit card, please contact Prestonfield House events team on 0131-662-2305 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The Hotel will be glad to take your credit card booking.
2) To pay by internet banking, please email us your requirements at email@example.com and we will contact you with relevant details.
3) If you are a member of the Faculty of Advocates and would like to pay by deduction from your FSL account, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, a note of your FSL number and the number of tickets required and the necessary arrangements will be made through FSL.
4) If you prefer to pay by cheque, please send your name, address, contact details (e-mail/telephone) and number of tickets required with a cheque for the full sum due payable to "The Tumbling Lassie" to: Patricia Comiskey, Advocate, Advocates' Library, Parliament House EH1 1RF.
You can give to the Tumbling Lassie Charities via our Virgin Money Giving page, with the possibility of gift-aiding donations, via this link: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/TheTumblingLassie
Also still to come:
Saturday 28th September 7.30pm, AND SUNDAY 29th September, 3pm, The Stables, Abercairny - Perthshire performances of the operetta of The Tumbling Lassie by Alexander McCall Smith and Tom Cunningham (in a double bill with their Fergus of Galloway) - tickets £15 each, in aid of the Tumbling Lassie appeal and Friends of Innerpeffray Library. To register for either performance, visit www.friendsofinnerpeffraylibrary.com or for further information call 01764-652819. An additional performance has been added to meet demand.
Previous events in 2019:
Tuesday 8th January 2019 - illustrated talk on the Tumbling Lassie case of 1687 and its modern resonances by Alan McLean QC, Chair of the Tumbling Lassie Committee, at the Grange Association , 7 for 7.30pm, St Catherine's Argyle Church, 61 Grange Road, Edinburgh EH9 1TY.
Sunday 14th April 2019 - Edinburgh performance of the operetta of The Tumbling Lassie by Alexander McCall Smith and Tom Cunningham (in a double bill with their Fergus of Galloway),
at St Andrew's & St George's Church, George Street, Edinburgh,
7.30pm - attended by over 200 people - including donations, around £770
raised for the Tumbling Lassie appeal 2019.
Saturday 27th April 2019 - The Tumbling Lassie Seminar 2019, 9.30am-5.30pm, Mackenzie Building, High Street, Edinburgh, generously sponsored by the Faculty of Advocates. Topics covered included: bonded and forced labour in Scotland yesterday and today, and international intervention in human trafficking; speakers included Kath Harper, Advocate Depute, Alex Prentice QC, Stephen O'Rourke QC, Professor John Cairns, Kirsty Thomson of Just Right Scotland and John Wyllie and Kenneth Murray of Police Scotland. The varied and stimulating presentations led to discussions and networking that could influence the way Scotland deals with human trafficking in the future, and the event also raised well over £1,000 towards the Tumbling Lassie appeal 2019.
Wednesday 8th May 2019 - illustrated talk on the Tumbling Lassie case of 1687 and its modern resonances by Alan McLean QC, Chair of the Tumbling Lassie Committee, at Innerpeffray Library, near Crieff, Perthshire PH7 3RF (the oldest public lending library in Scotland, founded around 1680) - a standing-room only audience generously donated £178 to the 2019 appeal, taking net donations for the 2019 appeal to over £2,000. Many thanks to the Friends of Innerpeffray Library for hosting and organising this event.
Thursday 12th September 2019 - illustrated talk on the Tumbling Lassie case and its modern resonances by Alan
McLean QC of the Tumbling Lassie Committee at Dundee University, as the opening lecture for the Lifelong Learning Dundee annual calender of courses and
events. About 150 attendees kindly contributed nearly £700 towards the 2019 Tumbling Lassie appeal, by cash and on-line donations. We are very grateful to Lifelong Learning Dundee for allowing us to introduce Dundee to the Tumbling Lassie.
If you would like to contribute in any way to the work of the Tumbling Lassie appeal in 2019, please get in touch using the contact details set out below - we would very much like to hear from you.